The Liberian National Port Authority has announced that effective 2018, all sea cargo arriving in Liberia must have a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN). Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
Cargo Tracking Notes will not be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validation will be sent.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since the CTN is validated by the authorities in the destination country, the process from submitting a request to final validation can take 3-5 days.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– Commercial Invoice
– Freight Invoice (required if the freight amount is not specified on commercial invoice)
– Customs Export Declaration (optional)
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx
CARGO TRACKING NOTE (CTN) FOR LIBERIA
On the 1st January 2019, CTN-document becomes mandatory for all shipments to Liberia. A CTN must be obtained at the port of loading and it is a requirement for all shipments to Liberia, including trans-shipments. The shipper is responsible to provide a valid CTN certificate to the shipping line and must ensure that the CTN number is mentioned correctly on the Bill of Lading.
Shipments that are not covered by a valid CTN number will not be customs cleared in Liberia and fines may apply.