In 2015 the Libyan Ministry of Finance, Customs Administration declared that all cargo being imported into Libya requires a Cargo Tracking Note. Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
Cargo Tracking Notes will not be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validation will be sent.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since our office validates the CTN, the process can typically be done within 24 hours after receipt of payment.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– The Customs Export Declaration (Customs Declaration) except for the countries that do not issue an export declaration where the packing list is acceptable – ie. The United States of America
– Commercial Invoice certified by the Chamber of Commerce by the exporter and excluded from Those countries that do not perform this procedure provided that a list is prepared with the names of those countries for identification
– Certificate of Origin certified by the Chamber of Commerce by the exporter
– Weight Certificate for goods priced on the basis of weight VGM casting goods, iron
– Vehicle Data in terms of Date of Manufacture, Chassis Number, Weight
– Inclusion of HS code.
– The Statistical Number for Libyan companies. (ID numbers or VAT number or commercial registration number of the Libyan companies)
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx
10.1.2015 — Effective with bill of lading date October 1, 2015, Libya will now require the ECTN (Cargo Tracking Note) to be issued at the port of loading for all cargo destined for Libya. Caution, that cargo will not be cleared through local Libyan customs without a valid ECTN. Information for companies exporting from the USA can be found at: http://libya.usembassy.gov/business_faq.html
# # #