In 2015 the Libyan Ministry of Finance, Customs Administration declared that all cargo being imported into Libya requires a Cargo Tracking Note. Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
Cargo Tracking Notes will not be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validation will be sent.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since our office validates the CTN, the process can typically be done within 24 hours after receipt of payment.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– Commercial Invoice
– Freight Invoice (required if the freight amount is not specified on commercial invoice)
– Customs Export Declaration (optional)
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx
10.1.2015 — Effective with bill of lading date October 1, 2015, Libya will now require the ECTN (Cargo Tracking Note) to be issued at the port of loading for all cargo destined for Libya. Caution, that cargo will not be cleared through local Libyan customs without a valid ECTN. Information for companies exporting from the USA can be found at: http://libya.usembassy.gov/business_faq.html
# # #