In 2008, the Senegalese Shipper’s Council established the requirement that all cargo imported into the country will require a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN). Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
Cargo Tracking Notes will not be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validation will be sent.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since the CTN is validated by the authorities in the destination country, the process from submitting a request to final validation can take 3-5 days.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– Commercial Invoice
– Freight Invoice (required if the freight amount is not specified on commercial invoice)
– Customs Export Declaration (optional)
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx
|CARGO TRACKING NOTE (CTN) UPDATE for SENEGAL|
|Effective March 1st, 2019, the BSC for Senegal will be required prior to loading cargo.
IMPORTANT: The BSC number must be presented to the shipping line in order to load cargo destined for Senegal. The BSC will need to be validated and the importer’s ORBUS account should be updated with the BSC number before the vessel arrives Senegal. No regularization at destination port.
· Bill of Lading
· Commercial invoice
· Freight invoice