With the effective date of 2014, the Ministry of Finance of Burundi declared that all sea cargo arriving in their country requires a Cargo Tracking Note(CTN). Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
Cargo Tracking Notes will not be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validation will be sent.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since our office validates the CTN, the process can typically be done within 24 hours after receipt of payment.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– Commercial Invoice
– Freight Invoice (required if the freight amount is not specified on commercial invoice)
– Customs Export Declaration
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx
4.1.2014 — Burundi Ministerial Ordinance No. 540/409 becomes effective with Bill of Lading date April 1, 2014 and now requires that all cargo destined for Burundi must obtain an ECTN at loading port. No ECTN will be issued at destination. ECTN numbers must be included in ships manifest before acceptance by the Burundi port and customs authorities. Cargo arriving in Burundi without the ECTN will be subject to fines ranging from USD 10,000.00 to USD 50,000.00.
# # #