Bureau International Maritime of Benin declared in 2006 that all sea cargo arriving in their country requires a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) or Bordereau Électronique de Suivi des Cargaisons (BESC). Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number. Cargo arriving without a Cargo Tracking Note may be subject of fines and delays.
No CTN will be issued at discharge port.
- Submit the required documents by email or online submission.
- You will be sent a draft and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, a validation will be sent.
- If you cargo transits Benin to another Country, you will be required to get a ECTN for both Countries.
- Due to a change in the validation process, please allow 3-5 days from initial request to final validation.
- The CTN must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination. No regularization at destination port.
- Since the CTN is validated by the authorities in the destination country, the process from submitting a request to final validation can take 3-5 days.
Below are the required documents for this certificate:
– Commercial Invoice
– Freight Invoice (required if the freight amount is not specified on commercial invoice)
– Vehicle Title (if applicable)
Cargo loaded without an ECTN constitutes an infringement on the regulations, which results in not only in the payment of the ECTN fee but also a penalty of fifty thousand (50.000) francs CFA, for the concerning party. The fee is collected by the Bureau International Maritime (BIM).
The rate of this penalty equals the fixed amount of CFA fifty thousand (50.000) per load unit in accordance with the tariffs.
Request a Quote:
To Submit Your Request Electronically Please Upload Your Files:
10 Megabyte Limit per file
Acceptable file types are: .pdf .doc .docx .jpg .xls .xlsx